Sunday, October 03, 2010

What the HELL is Darth Vader doing in a German Snickers ad?

(click ad, via) Well? Please tell us, BBDO Düsseldorf. Germans do have a thing for black uniforms and S&M. Anyway, what's the message here with this terribly forced Vader/peace sign graphic? (Headline translation, which is the brand's current tagline: "You're not yourself when you're hungry.") That the Dark Lord is a peacenik when he's starving? I guess that's it. That's senseless. Previously: What the HELL is Darth Vader doing in a European McDonald's ad? What the HELL is Darth Vader doing dressed as a Slave Princess in a Manila gay bar ad?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't tell if you're being facetious, but it seems pretty clear to me that the intention is the opposite of your take - an otherwise peaceful person can turn into Darth Vader when they're hungry.

Seems logical enough. Forced, indeed. Lazy & dumb, yes... but not senseless.

8:55 AM  
Blogger copyranter said...

I think it can be read either way, I read it my way first. It's murky creative.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Git.

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home