Tuesday, December 13, 2005

More Foote, Cone & Belding personnel moves

Yesterday, as was first reported here, Bob Stealer, the man who created the Planter’s Peanut (right), was promoted to Worldwide Creative Director. Today comes a rash of additional announcements from FCB: Leslie Ann Shirker was named EVP, Account Supervisor; Barry Yessman was hired as Worldwide CEO Steve Blamer’s Executive Assistant; Bill Lackey joined the Creative team as a Junior Copywriter; Suzy Caver was bumped up to Senior Account Exec; Edward Foiston was brought on as EVP, Media Director; and lastly Larry Lickass was elevated to Creative Supervisor.
(Update: OK, you consumers are IDIOTS. No wonder cargo pants were a big seller. A "proactive" lad emailed me yesterday wondering WHY I was posting a boring FCB personnel item. READ THE NAMES, Bozo.)

6 Comments:

Blogger ohoney said...

I love Mr. Peanut, he'd never harm anyone (or was that Mr. Staypuft)? However,I'd rather eat cashews.

11:50 AM  
Blogger David said...

There's something about Mr. Peanut that in my youth I found cute and jovial, and in my cynical elder days I find aloof, authoritarian, elitist, and British.

I think it's the monocle.

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful world. At some point good ol' Bob presumably had to spend time seriously considering whether a fucking peanut should wear a whole coat and shirt or just the arms. Now that's what I call a job.

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't Donald Duck wear a jacket on top with no pants? I wondered about that.

9:55 AM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

My childhood,(vintage,)Mr. Peanut watch and I salute you.

Hey isn't that worth big bucks on Ebay? Hmmm.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But was Bob responsible for the monocle?

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home