Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Now apparently, State Street is making fun of the hunting abilities of Zulu Warriors.


(click ad for closer look)
Copy starts: Experience tells us the "ready fire aim" approach to investing is no way to hit your targets. In fact, it's a good way to shoot (or spear) yourself in the foot...
DUDES, you left-brained bozos need some serious help with your metaphors! Last time, your bridge disaster viz went over like a lead balloon. And now this? Tribesmen don't "shoot from the hip." Drawing from my memories of watching National Geographic shows, I believe they throw their spears using a more-powerful over-the-shoulder technique. I'd tell you to consult your lawyers, but they're even more clueless when it comes to using wildlife in advertising.
Tell you what: why don't you give me a shot at your ads. Give me a day, and I'll come back with three animal kingdom campaigns that actually make some fucking sense.
update: commenter papa shongo says these are Maasai warriors.
(scanned from yesterday's Wall Street Journal)

3 Comments:

Blogger JT Taylor said...

Wow. Bad.

And weren't Zulu warriors rather adept with their hunting skills? Making this ad as tasteless as it is....a strange comparison?

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are Maasai warriors actually...

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This ad pisses me off. Frankly, I find it offensive...to my intelligence.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home