Monday, December 03, 2007

the au bon pain of grammatical errors.


(click image for closer look)
Line is: "Definitely Not For The Feint Of Lunch."
As tipster and photo snapper Jane Leibrock points out, it should read "...The Faint Of Lunch." Right now, it reads as, "Definitely Not For The Deceptive Or Pretended Blow Of Lunch." Looking at that sandwich, I believe it would deliver quite the direct blow to my intestines. Ha, see what I did there!!! (sigh) Is this worse than Reebok's subway typo? ING's informal window poster? It's definitely not as bad as this horrific, error-filled Labiaplasty ad. Proofreaders? YOUR (I'm mean, "you're") UNDERPAID!

8 Comments:

Blogger Middle Name: Stanley said...

http://wsu.edu/~brians/errors/feint.html

4:38 PM  
Blogger copyranter said...

Thank you, mn:s.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Kers said...

I more confused why they thought putting a backwards "GameStop" neon sign in the middle of their banner was a good idea:).

5:08 PM  
Blogger ricpic said...

Peepel cant spel wurth a dam dese dais!

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin, it's a great idea to put that sign backwards...because it's just a reflection of the window. :)

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

POOR SPELLERS OF THE WORLD, UNTIE!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

Remind me again why I, an incredibly anal word nerd who actually enjoys proofreading, can't get a job?

12:24 AM  
Blogger Kers said...

Emonome
I had to respond to you.
My post was not serious.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home