Monday, November 26, 2007

Now this is an anti-smoking spot.

If Ronaldo Martinez and his missing larynx creeped you out, then you most certainly should NOT move to Australia where they are known for their brutal anti-smoking campaigns. This commercial is terrifying. (thanks Evan for the tip)
previous anti-smoking ads:
1. ashes to ashes...
2. there's pee in your butt.


Blogger ricpic said...

More spaces to facilitate the smoke-flow.

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm old enough to remember the spot with William Talman [Hamilton Burger on the Perry Mason TV series] talk about how he would never see his daughter grow up because he had lung cancer from his smoking. That was powerful & scary.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The best chilling TV ads on this topic that I've ever seen were those about Pam Laffin, a young mom who died of emphysema. She allowed herself to be used as a bogeyman(woman?) to scare people about smoking. They were creepy and well-done.

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Imagine seeing that spot with the sound off on a 50 inch plasma.

Also noteworthy is that the video thumbnail in this post is plastered on something like 25% of all cigarette packages (the other 75% get pictures of decapitated toes, freaky eyes, etc.).

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home