Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Kenneth Cole’s Puns are Re-Hyphen-Tarded.

The man’s heart is in the right place (His "sole" will be saved.), but his words sure as Hell ain’t. Approximately 3 percent of all pun ads work. Cole has been responsible for a lot of the other 97%. Sorry, but there's nothing "punny" about homelessness. Nor AIDS (ouch).

(photo taken at 6th & 14th by New York's 24-hour man on the street, Bucky Turco.)

7 Comments:

Blogger ElMachino said...

I'm more intrigued by the words on the sign beneath the board: "Dry Stand Pipe."

P.S. Mucus 24, Phlegm 1 on the comment tally. The Mucinex people must be ecstatic.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Copywriters work 3% of the time.

Coincidence?

2:12 PM  
Blogger copyranter said...

Your estimate is a tad high.

3:07 PM  
Anonymous br said...

I totally agree. This campaign is really bad. Does anyone know if they have an agency or is it in-house? I would love to start my own agency, win this account, astonish everyone with my dazzling word play, and go to south of france and die drowing in champagne.

4:22 PM  
Anonymous egoincheck said...

Hmmm...this brings to mind another pun I saw somewhere. What was it? Oh, yeah. Something about Dollar Bill's "spring collection".

2:28 PM  
Blogger numb in chelsea said...

I think I'll re-gurgitate.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous The Silver Fox said...

I'm new here. You amuse me.


/bookmarked

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home