That tradition being seasonal price gouging.
Yes, it's the fucking most fucking wonderful fucking time of the fucking year. The big stupid Christmas tree goes up today in ugly-ass Rockefeller Center, beckoning the hoi polloi horde who then inexpertly waddle over to Radio City Music Hall to take in the absolutely entrancing CHRISTMAS FUCKING SPECTACULAR. Meanwhile downtown, right outside my window, I get to experience the pure joy of another smart, seasonal Starbucks billboard that shows an activity that 99.9% of New Yorkers will not be experiencing this Winter—the .1% who do get a chance to sled in NYC will be doing it in a kinda grayish/brownish sludge (thanks ricpic). Enjoy your 5 buck cups of 'bucks bullshit, babbitts (Sinclair Lewis reference. look it up, consumerist sheep).
previous Starbucks posts:
1. Starbucks Salon: A Venti Hooey Latte.
2. Starbucks Holiday Postcard.
3. O' Stupid Billboard, O' Stupid Billboard...
4. Starbucks needs to go to Billboarding School.
5. The Way $tarbuck$ $ee$ it.
6. Smart Media Placement, StarFuckHeads.