Tuesday, December 19, 2006

It's Reindeer Season.


(click images)
Banana Republic's clothes are, well, boring as Hell (disclosure: I have 1 BR shirt). I mean, look at those two sweaters—HONK SHhhhhhhhhh...So, they decide to get...EDGY. Or at least, as edgy as BR dare be. Which is to be the katrillionth retailer in fashion history to put fucking antlers on models. Don't want to scare the pants off the fraternity/sorority set, for Christ's sake.
previously in stupid fashion ads:
1. DEAD is the new BLACK.
2. Look at Jigga, gettin' all "A River Runs Through It" on us.
3. Jimmy Choo. Shoes to die for.
4. FENDI No. 5.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's with the Greta Garbo blonde? I mean, is there some magnetic attraction in the I'm-too-bored-to-live-look, that makes ad people use these pale nordics so often?

3:11 PM  
Blogger Matt Brand said...

i know, and is that girl WHITE ENOUGH? lordie.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Maulleigh said...

I always get kind of whistful (wistful?) when I see ads like these in the catalogs. I want to have a WASPY Christmas in Aspen, pulling freshly-cut trees through the snow on a sled and drinking hot cups of coffee on the porch in my long underwear.

Yep.

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm dreaming of a white christmas...

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

someone needs to explain to them that they're not Viktor & Rolf.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's funny that it's popular now. i was in SF last year, in neiman's and their mannequins had real antlers on their heads. tucked into their wigs. it was pretty badass, cuz they were REAL ANTLERS. none of this "i've borrowed them from my little sister and i'm SO annoyed" look.

1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

considering the new ads were created by an agency called AR . . . meaning by a bunch of similarly dressed, every so boring white guys who think they're 'edgy', what can one expect?

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home