Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Fendi No. 5

Advertising in daily newspapers is tricky. Sizes and placement often get screwed up. Color matching is near impossible. And then there's the wonderful bleed-through effect; which in this case, worked out marvelously for Fendi. Because you just know Nicole does not want to be seen anywhere near a Fendi bag. Not for less than 10 million.
(click image. note the bag handle intersecting with Kidman's perfect little nose)
(ad ran as it appears in the Sunday New York Times Styles section.)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If your media buyer insisted on having your ad in front of another particular ad, the bleed through effect could actually be very cool. I might just have to steal this idea.

9:12 AM  
Blogger EVIL DISCUSSOR said...

Yeah, steal this idea and run with it, anon.

I'm sure it'll be just mind-blowingly amazing.

See you at The One Show.

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch...and yet...HAHHHHAHAHAH!!!

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

//See you at The One Show.//

If you've ever actually been to the One Show, you've already seen me there. Many times in fact.

(I only brag in self-defense. And I still think an interesting use of the "bleed-through" could be very cool. So kill me for having an opinion.)

1:44 PM  
Blogger EVIL DISCUSSOR said...

Holy Fuck. Alex Bogusky? Is that you? If so, I love you, man. And I'm sorry. I'd never kill you for having an opinion.

Would it be alright if I sent you my book and/or blew you?

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am Alex. And I LOVE blow jobs from hacks.

Just ask the folks at Adweek.

9:18 AM  
Blogger copyranter said...

OK, you two. Take it outside.

9:21 AM  
Blogger starstattoo said...

This could actually be accidental synergy: Karl Lagerfeld is the designer for both Fendi and Chanel.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home