Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Don't start thanking The Almighty til you see those new circ numbers, Ed.

OH MY GOD! No Time magazine waiting for me when I got to the office this morning! How the hell am I supposed to get through my week? Feel so naked, so...uninformed. Seriously Ed McCarrick, who seriously reads Time these days besides retirees? Every day is fucking Friday for them. (note: See, the "creativity" with this ad is that the art director used the typeface of the Time logo but replaced it with the hip phrase "TGIF," which also happens to be 4 letters long. Brilliant.)
(ad scanned from the Wall Street Journal)
previously in magazines:
1. geezerJock? Yes, geezerJock.
2. Rocketry Mockery.
3. Jason Binn is a prick: The Evidence.
4. How many "Trumps" are there in Trump magazine?

7 Comments:

Blogger Mervyn said...

Or could be Thank God It's Foggy?

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prefer, "This Girl I Fucked..."

11:20 AM  
Blogger Maulleigh said...

I read Time; hell, I can't get my wireless internet connection to work from Whitlock avenue to Union Square.

I also read the Economist. Did you know Indonesia is at a crossroads?

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, it took their art director to come up with that rot?

1:47 PM  
Blogger HighJive said...

in these politically-correct times, is it still kosher to say "thank god it's friday"?

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TIME? That rag hasn't been relevant sinces the '50's fer chrisesake! Why don't TIME and it's first cousin, NEWSWEEK, do the decent thing and retire themselves out to the green pastures where their idiot predecessors in retirement, LIFE and LOOK, graze mindless and harmless, immemorium.

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

D'OH. Its, not it's.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home