Wednesday, April 18, 2007

No, you're a bad ad trapped in a phone kiosk.


(click image for closer look)
This is the worst liquor advertising out there right now. Worse than Dewars. Worse than Grand Marnier. Worse than Courvoisier. Worse even than Balvenie. OK, maybe not worse than Ketel One. The writing in this campaign is fucking horrible. What fucking horseshit this line is. Somebody at a monthly group-think meeting must have chimed in with something like: "Our fembot is hot, but can we get "gay" into a headline somehow? Everybody looks to The Gays to see what they're drinking." And, as I've mentioned in every Svedka post, and will keep mentioning, the "SVEDKA_GRL" look is a blatant rip off of director Chris Cunningham.
(kiosk on Broadway near Houston)
previously in Svedka ads:
1. Six Stories of Stupid.
2. THIS SVUCKS.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Convoluted gender bending/robotic/sex imagery is so conceptual. Makes me want to get drunk and fuck some Legos with my dick/pussy/bionic arm.

10:49 AM  
Blogger jos said...

call me a douche (DOUCHE!), but the ketel one link also goes to the balvine ad.

now who's the doche, douche?!

12:35 PM  
Blogger copyranter said...

thx. fxd.

12:43 PM  
Blogger dancing at gunpoint said...

I can't decide which is more worthless: this ad or public payphones.
Who uses public payphones anymore? It's a good way to get an ear infection.

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strange, I randomly stumbled on this post without searching for bad Ketel One gay fembot. I just saw this ad a few hours ago on 14th St. and was completely baffled by it. I was afraid it was just me. But then, I still use pay phones so my judgment might be off.

9:57 PM  
Blogger onewomanrunning said...

Have you seen any of the WKD adverts done for the UK? Hell and torture. I'd say worse than the Svedka ones. Will try and find a link.

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is bad

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And while we're at it? Let me put on my SF writer hat here, and say, Honey, if you're a gay man in the body of a fembot, then you should know that you are far from trapped. You can get the relevant bits replaced. That's the beauty of a robotic body. So get yourself to Upgrade Barn or wherever and have it dealt with, and stop pouting insipidly at us from the @#$% phone kiosks.

Pah. This was just insulting on so many levels.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home