Monday, May 14, 2007

Marines can't use MySpace, says MySpace-using DofD.

CNN reports that the Department of Defense has barred military personnel from communicating with loved ones via MySpace, You Tube, and 11 other sites, effective today. What CNN didn't report is that the Marines maintain a recruitment site on MySpace.
Can I get HOO-AH for hypocrisy!
previously in gov't recruitment:
1. Me Tarzan. You Jane. Army Strong. Commercial Weak.
2. Central Innocuousness Agency.
3. An Army of One Model/Actress.

9 Comments:

Blogger Mervyn said...

I read about this today and it didn't dawn on me how it will affect marines abroad who use it to keep in touch. I guess it's back to good old e-mail then.

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now how will they find the sluts in whatever town they are sent to liberate?

MySpace hoes all over Iraq are set to protest!

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh-rah.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I think this is a smart move actually. If I were a military strategist, I'd never let my troops check friggin' MySpace. They'd be distracted from their duty of killing everyone in sight with Friendster fire.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Maulleigh said...

it's kind of like marriage: you use sex to trick a man into it and then you never give it to him again.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah a ha ha ha hah ah ah ah ah ahaahahahahahahahah!!!

10:32 AM  
Blogger ricpic said...

And they wonder why men go postal on the little woman.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Moda di Magno said...

I think your discovery is Peabody-worthy. Idiotic what the military spends time worrying about...

12:59 AM  
Blogger copyranter said...

I read about it on Adweek.

5:47 AM  
Blogger clif said...

back in my day i didn't have the luxury of being recruited by myspace... i had to get in my car and drive across town to be lied to... kids have it so easy these days.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home