Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My 702th post! (not counting the scores I've mysteriously deleted)


My 2nd anniversary as a bitter ad blogger is coming up in a couple of weeks. Two years doing this shit! Ain't that pathetic!?! But hey, I've gotten a low-paying Gawker gig out of it, and possibly something else a bit more substantial (stay tuned). In the meantime, If you've got any feedback for future direction/posts, comment here. I will even post every single "go fuck yourself, douchebag."
(pictured—"The Anguisher"—what I use as my computer desktop at work. pretty much sums up what it's like to work in the ad biz.)
sheepish update: as an anon points out, it should read "702nd" not" 702th"
previously in blogging is pathetic:
1. flushing the crankcase.
2. Nemo the goldfish.
3. "Live" "blogging" "from" Cannes.
4. My "live blog" of the Super Bowl ads.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

when are we going to see your face dude? that back and ass shot is fucking hot.

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the anniversary. Has it really been two years? Wow.

Loved your Lies Well Disguised yesterday. Very funny! It was one of the best ones you've written of late. I vote for more snarky posts.

Also how about an occasional (anonymous) copywriter guest blogger?

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only 702? Start writing more. Just where are your priorities anyway.

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey douchebag, go fuck yourself.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I'm not surprised Gawker's stingy. Nor am I shocked they're utterly silent about the fact there's a Gawker Blows blog or a new Blog-Or-Rhea? blog, since they abandoned all the witty kiddies. Nor the fact they're still waxing retarded re: the Gyllenhaals. Hope they all followed my link to Maggie's fake Friendster profile. Anyway, think I'm gonna keep the Gawker Blows blog and re-pattern it to mirror Gawker itself. Like, have my own self-congratulatory, "Tara, you're so clever!" Gold "Star" Motel, Community Calendar, Creepy Cats, etc. Not sure. Just bored here. Obvs. I cannot emphasize this final element enough okay I'll stop.

4:58 PM  
Blogger ricpic said...

Whatsamatta? you couldn't go upscale with a plaster cast of Rodin's Thinker?

7:20 PM  
Blogger The Cajun Boy said...

go fuck yourself douchebag!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Also, whenevs a douchebag says, "go fuck yourself, douchebag," I'm like, "Gladly, obvs." I feel totally special when I have the opportunity to fuck myself cause I never find the time to do so, and that's a pity really. For me.

Waaaaaa.

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your blog. Love laughing at ads. Keep em coming!

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about a "Global Edition" in the Daily Show style, where you slag off ads of the world?

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to be picky, but shouldn't that be "My 702nd post!"?

You don't proofread for Reebok do you?

:)

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home