Thursday, February 21, 2008

WARHOL STILL CHURNING OUT CRAP 20 YEARS AFTER HIS DEATH.

(click ad for closer look)
The advertising art director's (yes, Andrew Warhola was an ad hack) hooey huey technique has been used to sell an ugly Williamsburg condo building, so why not Orbit gum? A banana is food that you eat, and Orbit is gum you chew after eating food. Bingo—ad! Hey Depend, why don't you try working one of Warhol's brilliant urine canvases into a TV spot? And maybe Campbell's should repackage their soup cans to look like his stupid paintings. That would complete the hypey hacky circle. WE ARE ALL ANDY WARHOL! (ad by Czech Republic agency Mark BBDO, via)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to be a copywriter until I got completely bored with it (that process took about seven years - I can't imagine how you've done 16), and I'm going to ask a question that I spent about five of those years asking myself:

Is there any advertising that is actually *good*?

I mean, I know from reading the sidebar that the copyranter hates most things, including advertising, so I think I might be able to guess the answer.

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This ad has a peel.

I made a funny.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home