Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I want to see video of its twitching body.

Snuggle®. The name alone makes me want to burn down a dozen laundromats (after hours). Of all the ad icons that have fouled our TVs, this heinous fabric softener sheet shill (here's an old spot) is my 2nd most-hated ever (He's #1). Well, now girls of all ages can buy a Snuggle head purse. I am tempted to get one—if only to impale it on my fire escape to scare away pigeons/intruders. (Thanks to Theresa LaGuardia for the tip. She says she's related to long deceased, three-term NYC mayor Fiorello LaGuardia. I see no reason not to believe her.)
previously in ad icons:
1. Balvenie Weenie® thread.
2. Kotex® Ko.
3. Advertising Week 2006: Procession of Icons.
related on Gawker: Advertising Week 2006.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, that's begging to have some red ribbon blood stitched into the bottom.

4:18 PM  
Blogger ricpic said...

It's a John the Babtist bear!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I agree with ricpic. Totes John TB the Snuggleuppicous. Think I'll score this "purse"; it's really hot/bizarre in my view. Decapitated stuffed animals sunlighting as product placement ... who knew.

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teddy Ruxbin ripoff. (But that would be so much cooler if it sang and read stories.)

11:20 PM  
Blogger P said...

It is ghastly...!!

5:13 AM  
Blogger HighJive said...

it would have been cooler to have a purse made from a headless snuggles torso.

11:40 AM  
Blogger SchizoFishNChimps said...

Holy shit - that's Bungle! At last, someone's killed that evil bastard!
Bungle was an obnoxious paedophile bear in British TV prog Rainbow back in the '80s.
Here he/it is in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0JAVUQkzyo

12:02 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

that's just cruel!

2:15 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

How did I miss this one? I'm going to get it so that next time the cat misbehaves, I can set him straight.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Mervyn said...

Snuggle "will give head to your boyfriend, so you don't have to"

2:02 PM  
Blogger Iagos said...

Oh I got a creepy birthday card with evil snuggles the bear on it. I colored the eyes with a red sharpie and now it is a game with a friend to hide it in their stuff.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home