Thursday, August 07, 2008

Next stop on the worldwide sexist ad tour: Dubai.

(click ad for closer look)
Ad for Band-Aids. Line reads: Cures all wounds. Almost. Via ad agency JWT Dubai in the UAE. Male creative team. There there, little lady. Just go get yourself a nice costume ring to cover that awful man wound. Well it's out of the Middle East, so I guess we should be thankful it's not worse. previous stops on the worldwide sexist ad tour: Romaniaweight-loss spa ads; Germanypre-owned BMWs ad; SingaporeCoopers premium light lager ads; PragueFernet herbal spirit TV spot; ItalyOXYDO sunglasses ad; BritainHarvey Nichols women's shoes ad; IsraelTzomet Sfarim book shops; South KoreaOlympus' auto boobyfocus lens. and AmericaQSOL servers.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sabina E. said...

ugh, how totally tired, cliche, and boring.

I hate dumb sexist advertisers.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, I don't even GET this. What's the wound? She's divorced? WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?

Maybe it helps to be Dubaiian. I'm sure our Charmin ads made no sense there.

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with hotspur cuz I don't really get it.

5:45 PM  
Blogger warren said...

The "wound", I'm thinking, is a broken heart; the copy is probably a reference to the cliché, time heals all wounds.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home